Rapper 2 Chainz shared this recipe with ABC. It’s one of his favorite recipes to cook when he’s not on the road or busy in the studio.
- 1 pound jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Old Bay Seasoning (to taste)
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- less than 1 tablespoon green scallion (sliced thin)
- 1 stick Butter
- 2 Mangos (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 small Purple Onion (diced)
- Cilantro (chopped to taste)
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 Lime
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375F. Mix salsa ingredients together and place in fridge to chill.
- Place crab meat into bowl, and crack 2 eggs into same bowl. Season mixture with Old Bay, Worcestershire sauce, green scallion, mayo, mustard, bread crumbs, juice of 1/2 lemon and olive oil. Knead mixture in bowl.
- Melt butter into baking pan of your choice. Form 4 to 6 crab cakes and place into baking pan, and put in oven. After 10 minutes open oven, tilt pan to accumulate melted butter, and baste crab cakes with butter. Close oven, cook 10 more minutes, baste and repeat until top of cakes are golden brown. Approximate cooking time is 25 minutes.
- Spread salsa evenly and serve cakes on top.