What makes Valentine’s Day special?
What makes Valentine’s Day special is that it is a day carved out for that special someone in your life, to do something extra nice for that person who makes your life brighter. What people forget is that it doesn’t have to be your romantic partner. It could be your parent, your grandparent, your friends, your coworkers etc.
What would you change about Valentine’s Day?
It’s a good reminder to be grateful and loving to the people around you. However, I believe you should be doing those things everyday, and it shouldn’t be just a particular day.
What’s your favorite Valentine’s Day story?
Quite honestly, I wish I had my own awesome story to tell, but I’ve never had that kind of luck on Valentine’s Day. Most of my favorite Valentine’s Day stories are in movies. I particularly enjoy the movie “Valentine’s Day” and all those really cute hallmark movies.
OK, it’s last minute, and I don’t have anything for Valentine’s. Help! What should I do!?
I always say start out the day with a great breakfast, and why not do that with that special person in your life? I choose a hearty savory breakfast most of the time, and my favorite happens to be the New York Bagel.
The New York Bagel
(For the person just starting to host guests for breakfast)
1 frying pan (or two if you don’t have a griddle)
Ingredients to make 3:
3 farm fresh eggs
6 pieces of thick bacon
3 slices of American cheese
3 bagels (preferably from New York)
Stick butter (2 tablespoons)
- Place griddle or frying pan on stove top on medium heat. Check if it’s hot by sprinkling water and see if it sizzles.
- Cover frying pan with butter (enough to cover the pan evenly). Place Bacon on frying pan. When Bacon starts to bubble, flip over with tongs and use your spatula to press down so it will cook evenly. Keep flipping until the bacon is fully cooked. Leave on extra for each side if you like it crispy
- Once completed, place paper towel on ceramic plate and place bacon on top of paper towel to soak bacon fat.
Egg (over easy):
- See step number one on bacon
- Cover frying pan with butter. Crack 3 eggs. I use the edge of a table to crack.
- Cook on each side while you add a pinch of salt and pepper on each egg, until it’s how you like it.
- Cut bagel in half horizontally.
- Toast in toaster.
Now to combine:
- Place two slices of bacon on bagel
- Then American cheese
- Then egg
- Cut bagel in half horizontally.
**to add color and garnish, cut orange slices
ABOUT SALINA SOLOMON:
On the heels of her recent 2016 multi-city tour, rising alternative/pop artist Salina Solomon now readies once again to introduce her edgy and earthy style to audiences across the country with her 2017 “2020” tour to coincide with the release of her next EP project “2020.” A world-traveler with a growing international following, the New York-native brings to the stage her energetic and quirky personality while also showcasing her rich vocals and vibrant style.
During her 2016 tour, Solomon performed to multiple sold-out crowds with over a hundred shows across the country, ranging from the waterfronts of Texas to New York City’s skyscrapers and even the stages of several infamous Nashville venues. A few of her iconic performances include Nashville’s Bluebird Café, Listening Room and Mercy Lounge along with New York’s Carnegie Hall, Leftfields NYC, and Pianos, to name a few. While promoting her music, Solomon has made various media appearances including with WBR-TV, WUSB 90.1, Radio AM, Hype Radio, ABC’s/CMT Nashville.
Following the success of her first two EP albums, “TMI” and “Meet Me in London,” Solomon’s newest project, “2020,” is slated for a summer of 2017 release, much to fan anticipation. For more information, or to inquire about booking and interview opportunities, visit www.salinasolomon.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for checking out this article! To read more great content on food, brews, reviews, and music, please visit our interview section. If you are a artist and/or food blogger and would like to share your culinary knowledge with our audience, feel free to let us know by dropping us a line via email@example.com