Paul Roche: One of my Thanksgiving traditions is all the men in the family gather at my grandparents on Thanksgiving day and cut down a tree for firewood for the winter. All the women cook Thanksgiving dinner, which we do early (around 1-ish), because that’s opening day of rifle season.
Apple Pie on the Rocks
- 1 oz. Vanilla Vodka
- 1 oz. Fireball Whiskey Edit: Since this recipe was posted, it was found out that Fireball Whiskey uses sugar filtered with bone char, so it is not vegan. There are many other cinnamon whiskeys out there for you to use instead! ?
- 4 oz. Organic Apple Juice
- Pinch of Ground Cinnamon
- Brown Sugar for the rim (Grind a little finer for more successful sugaring)
- Optional: Cinnamon Stick for Garnish
- Wet the rim of your rocks glass just a little, and gently sugar the rim with the brown sugar.
- In a martini shaker, pour the vodka, Fireball, apple juice and ground cinnamon together with a handful of ice cubes.
- Shake 10 times and pour the contents into the glass without wiping off the sugar rim.
- Serve chilled and with a cinnamon stick, for garnish.
WHISKEY GLAZED WILD TURKEY BREAST
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 turkey breast, skin on and brined
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup turkey stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons whiskey
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In an ovenproof skillet or Dutch oven, heat two tablespoons of butter over medium-high until it begins to bubble. Sprinkle the skin of the turkey breast with salt and pepper. Place the breast skin-side down into the butter, sprinkle the underside with salt and pepper, and let the skin brown for about 5 minutes. Turn it over and add the stock. Cover with foil or a lid and transfer to the oven.
- In a separate skillet, melt the 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Whisk in the honey until well incorporated. Add the whiskey along with the orange juice, orange rind and cayenne and whisk together. Set on low heat and let the mixture reduce by half. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Once the turkey has cooked for 10 minutes, brush with half of the glaze and cover with the foil. 20 minutes later, brush the remaining glaze on, leave the foil off and increase the temperature to 400 degrees F. Cook for 15 – 20 minutes more, or until the internal temperature reads 140-150 degrees F.
- Remove the turkey from the oven. Cover with foil and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
About Cypress Spring:
Up and coming band, Cypress Spring, are positioned to take the Country Rap scene by storm with their debut EP, “Way of Life.” Rapidly developing a loyal fan base, the Florida-based band is connecting with audiences both at their exciting live shows and through their catchy new music as evidenced by strong sales and fan engagement.
The title track, “Way of Life,” featuring The LACS and Danny Boone, already has more than 30 million streams and is growing steadily. Likewise, the “Way of Life” video has logged almost 500,000 views in just a few short weeks. The dance club favorite, “Country Girl Twerk,” is catching on like wildfire, and both the party anthem “Drop a Tailgate,” and “Run Through It” are becoming fan favorites.
Performing at clubs and festivals throughout the Southeast supporting the new EP, Cypress Spring is on track to become one of Average Joes fastest building artists.