Scotty McCreery submitted his great-grandmother’s pound cake recipe for CMT and Southern Living’s cookbook “Country Music’s Greatest Eats”
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄3 tsp. table salt
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, shortening, and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, and beat 1 minute until creamy. Beat in vanilla just until blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat 5 minutes.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour and 25 minutes).
Read more here!