Sarah Evans tells Southern Living’s “Music City’s Greatest Eats” that sometimes her kids want this recipe for their birthday cake! She says it is a dessert her mom always made her, now you can make it too.
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. carton of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 5.1 oz. box of instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 14.3 oz. package chocolate sandwich cookies (36 cookies), crushed and divided
- Whisk together cream cheese and whipped topping in a large bowl.
- Prepare pudding using 2 cups of milk. Fold pudding and powdered sugar into cream cheese mixture.
- Press 3 cups of crushed cookies in a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish; set aside remaining cookies.
- Spoon pudding mixture over cookies. Sprinkle reserved cookies over pudding.
- Cover and chill 3 hours.