Rosanne Cash’s potato salad
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
- 1.5 kilos (3 pounds) of red potatoes, unpeeled and scrubbed
- 8 dill pickles or a handful of cornichon, coarsely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped (about a cup)
- 1 small red onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- ⅔ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon of minced parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook potatoes in large pot of salted water until tender (about 20-30 minutes). Drain, when cool, cut potatoes into bite size pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Mix in pickles, celery, onion, eggs, dill and parsley.
- Mix together mayonnaise, cider vinegar and Dijon mustard, and stir through potato mix. Add salt and pepper to taste and transfer to serving bowl.
Serves 10 people abundantly.