This recipe from Randy Travis featured in “Music City’s Greatest Eats” only takes 35 minutes from start to finish and can be a great addition to any southern meal.
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal mix*
- 3/4 cup extra light olive oil
*”Music City’s Greatest Eats” tested this recipe with Martha White’s Self-Rising White Corn Meal Mix with Hot Rize
- Whisk together cornmeal mix and 2 cups boiling water in a medium bowl to make a thick batter
- Drop batter by one-quarter cupfuls into hot oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, and cook 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove cornbread from skillet, and drain on paper towels. Add more oil as needed to fry remaining batter.