SHREDDED CHICKEN TACOS
- 5 boneless chicken breasts (3 lb package)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, lettuce, tomato
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of Crock-Pot (slow cooker).
- Sprinkle taco seasoning evenly over the chicken and top with diced onion.
- Pour cans of fire roasted tomatoes and green chilies over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove lid and shred the chicken with two forks. Add chopped cilantro and incorporate into chicken mixture.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken And Rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, chopped (I use Vidalia)
- 1 -8 ounce box Zatarain’s Yellow Rice Mix, cooked according to directions
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 – 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup (regular or fat free)
- 1 -15 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Scatter chopped onion over top. Spoon cream soup over top of that. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. A few minutes before serving, add in cooked rice, corn, and cheese. Stir to combine. Serve hot.
Slow Cooker Lasagna
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (I used spicy) or ground beef*
- 2 (24-ounce) jars of good-quality Italian pasta sauce**
- 16 uncooked no-boil lasagna noodles
- 32 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped fresh basil
- Add the ground Italian sausage (or ground beef) to a large saute pan, and cook over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through, using a large spoon to stir and break up the meet into small crumbles as it cooks. Remove from heat and drain off any excess grease. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, as the meat is cooking, go ahead and get ready to assemble the lasagna. Begin by spraying the insert of a large 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Then layer the ingredients in the following order:
- Spread 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce evenly along the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Layer about 4 lasagna noodles — breaking them into smaller pieces as needed to fit — evenly over the sauce to cover the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Layer about 1/3 of the ricotta cheese (a little over 1 cup) evenly on top of the noodles. (I found it was easiest to do this in small spoonfuls, and then spread them out with a spatula. It’s totally ok if it’s messy and uneven!)
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the shredded Mozzarella cheese and 2 Tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese in an even layer on top of the ricotta.
- Layer about 1/3 of the cooked ground meat in an even layer on top of the cheeses.
- Layer about 1/3 of the chopped spinach in an even layer on top of the ground meat.
- Layer 1 cup of pasta sauce in an even layer on top of the spinach.
- Repeat with another layer of noodles, ricotta, Mozzarella/Parmesan, ground meat, spinach, and sauce. Then repeat with another layer of noodles, ricotta, Mozzarella/Parmesan, ground meat, spinach, and sauce. Then add one more layer of noodles, sauce, and Mozzarella.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours, or until the noodles are tender.
- Turn off the heat, and sprinkle the top of the lasagna evenly with the remaining Parmesan and fresh basil. Serve immediately. (Or if you let the lasagna sit and rest for 30 minutes, it will cut into pieces much more easily.)
Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- 4-5 pounds chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 can beer (I like a dark beer)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 slices Provolone Cheese
- In a large dutch oven, or if you have an aluminum insert for your slow cooker add the canola oil and heat on high.
- Add the Kosher salt and pepper to your chuck roast.
- Brown on both sides aggressively (3-5 minutes on each side).
- Don’t move the beef before flipping (this lets the meat get a deep crust).
- In a slow cooker add the meat, any meat juices from the pan, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, beer and onions.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the meat and slice thickly.
- To assemble, butter your hoagie rolls and toast.
- Top with provolone cheese.
- In a small bowl add a cup of the liquid from the slow cooker and dip the sandwich in the bowl.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- 4-5 pound chuck roast or Top Round
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme and Garlic Powder
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 Packages of Onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 dry packet of mushroom brown gravy mix
Season the chuck roast with the Kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, and thyme very well on all sides and coat with flour
Heat you pan (or if you can brown in your slow cooker, do it in that insert to medium high.
Add the roast and brown, deeply, for 4-5 minutes on each side.
In your slow cooker mix cream of mushroom soup and brown mushroom gravy mix.
Lay the beef on top, then add the beef broth and onion soup mix and cover, cooking on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
If the gravy is to think add a little water.
- Serve with mashed potatoes!