Jana Kramer shared this recipe with Southern Living and recalls learning to cook in her grandmother’s kitchen, “we loved to bake cookies together while we listened to Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, and June Carter”, she says.
Makes about 4 1/2 dozen
Hands on time: 45 minutes
Total time: 2 hours, 5 minutes
- Parchment paper
- 2 1/4 cups uncooked regular oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. table salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- (1) 12 oz. package of semi sweet chocolate chips
- (1) 4.4 oz milk chocolate bar, grated
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper; preheat oven to 375.
- Pulse oats in food processor until powdery. Whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until blended. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Gradually add flower mixture, beating at a low speed until blended. Stir in chocolate chips, grated chocolate bar, and nuts.
- Using a 1 1/2 inch scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool cookies 2 to 3 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool completely.