2 large tenderized cube steaks
2 cups whole milk
2 cups flour
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. black pepper
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
2 Tbs. Amy/Granger seasoning —- any steak seasoning on the shelf
¼ – ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- Cut steak into serving size pieces (if they are large, I cut in half)
- Using a meat mallet, tenderize the steak to ¼ “ thick.
You need 4 bowls for dipping the steaks:
- One bowl with a cup of milk – 2nd bowl with a cup of flour
- Another bowl, beat egg and add remaining cup of milk
- In 4th bowl mix remaining flour and seasonings together
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet on medium high heat.
- Place steak in 1st milk bowl. Then dip it into the flour, shaking off any excess flour.
- Dip into egg/milk mixture and finally drudge into the seasoned flour mixture.
- Place as many steaks in skillet as possible without overcrowding. Cook 2 -3 minutes per side until golden brown. (Don’t overcook)
- Remove and place on paper towels to drain. Keep warm –
- Drain majority of oil out of skillet retaining the pieces (yum-yums off the bottom of the pan) and enough oil to make gravy.
- Heat on medium/low –
- Toss a few tablespoons of seasoned flour into skillet and blend all together – (oil, yum-yums and flour)
- Slowly add milk into skillet and continually stirring while smoothing out all lumps.
- Keep adding milk to desired consistency of gravy. Less milk will create thick gravy and more milk will thin it.
- Taste…may need extra ground pepper and some salt
- Pour gravy over pre-cooked steaks- Enjoy!!!!