- 8 strips bacon
- 2 (11 oz) cans whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a cast iron or ovenproof skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until slightly crispy. Remove from heat and set on paper towels to absorb excess grease. Drain off all but 1 teaspoon of the grease remaining in the pan. We want to use the bacon grease to grease the pan and add more bacon flavor to the dip. Crumble the bacon.
- Combine the corn, jalapeno, cream cheese, mozzarella, salt, cayenne, half of the bacon, and half of the basil. Scoop into the skillet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining bacon and basil, and parmesan cheese to taste. Serve immediately.
AUGUST 25, 2014 BY