Very easy to make!
- 6 slices Thin Bacon, Cut Into 1-inch Pieces
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Diced
- 3 whole Carrots, Scrubbed Clean And Diced
- 3 stalks Celery, Diced
- 6 whole Small Russet Potatoes, Peeled And Diced
- 8 cups Low Sodium Chicken Or Vegetable Broth
- 3 Tablespoons All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt, More To Taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun Spice Mix
- 1 teaspoon Minced Fresh Parsley
- 1 cup Grated Cheese Of Your Choice
Tip: Before cooking, start prepping your veggies!
Start by cooking your bacon in a soup pot. Empty bacon bits, leaving some of the fat and oil in the bottom to cook veggies in starting with just the carrots, onions and celery. Give those about 2 minutes then add in the diced potatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes seasoning with salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning. Now add your broth, bringing it to a boil for about 10 minutes or until potatoes seem tender. Whisk together the flower and milk separately then pour into soup and allow to cook for 5 minutes or till it starts to thicken up! Just for looks, take out about 2/3s of the soup and pour into a blender. Blend until it’s completely smooth. Add back in and let it warm back up to your liking and add seasoning to fit your taste! Serve and garnish with parsley, cheese and your bacon bits!
By: The Pioneer Woman on January 2, 2013