2017 CHARLESTON WINE + FOOD FESTIVAL MARCH 1-5, 2017
Complete Festival Schedule and Tickets for the 12th Annual Festival Now Available
Thursday, September 15, 2016 (CHARLESTON, SC) – Charleston Wine + Food announced today the official 2017 festival schedule. Back by popular demand Hooked on Bowens, the sunset celebration of the sea’s bounty. New this year From the Ashes at Runnymede Plantation, one of the Lowcountry’s oldest and most stunning plantations will be the backdrop to a most magnificent display of live-fire cooking; and the Descendants of Daniel: Impact of an Icon, hear from Daniel Boulud as he is joined by a distinguished panel of culinary luminaries and special festival guests, including chefs Michael Anthony, Gavin Kaysen, Jean-Francois Bruel, and Andrew Carmellini.. The 12th year of Charleston Wine + Food will take place over the course of five full days, March 1 – 5, 2017. Tickets now available at www.charlestonwineandfood.com.
Charleston, having recently been named was “Best City in the World” by the 2016 Travel + Leisure Readers’ Choice Awards, is exemplified by the Charleston Wine + Food culinary excellence and honors the undeniable charm that makes Charleston, South Carolina a beloved travel destination. The festival will take place over the course of five full days, March 1 – 5, 2017, featuring more than 100 unique experiences in various locations throughout the historic Southern city.
“Whether you are a wine or beer connoisseur, one who is open to food adventures, looking for an intimate seated dinner, or just a lover of great food and drink, Charleston Wine + Food has something for everyone,” says Gillian Zettler, Executive Director. “We take great pride in creating experiences for every palate, and it is our absolute honor to showcase the city and it’s flavorful community.”
A Tasting of the 2017 Festival:
- Daniel Boulud Legacy Dinner – With Chefs Daniel Boulud, Andrew Carmellini, Michael Anthony, Gavin Kaysen, Jean-Francois Bruel, and more. Hosted by Mickey Baskt of Charleston Grill
- Descendants of Daniel: Impact of an Icon – Panel discussion moderated by Top Chef and Food & Wine’s Gail Simmons, including Chefs Daniel Boulud, Andrew Carmellini, Gavin Kaysen, Michael Anthony, and Jean-Francois Bruel
- Caught on Capers– Chef Frank Stitt (Highland’s Bar and Grill, Chez Fonfon, Bottega), Charleston’s Chef Kevin Johnson of The Grocery, La Petite Grocery’s Chef Justin Devillier, and Chef Donald Link
- The Business of Food Danny Meyer and Steve Palmer (Indigo Road); Chef Nancy Silverton and Charleston’s Karalee Fallert; Ruth Reichl and Darcy Shankland (Charleston Magazine Editor-in-Chief)
- Stories From Her Kitchen– Ruth Reichl and Cherry Bombe Editorial Director Kerry Diamond. Featuring Chefs Vivian Howard (Chef & the Farmer), Ashley Christensen (Death & Taxes), Jessica Grossman (Fish), and Carrie Morey (Callie’s Little Biscuits)
- Nassau Street Sideshow – Rowdy late-night event led by acclaimed Pitmaster John Lewis at his namesake, Lewis Barbecue
- Namaste Bubbly– Yoga session led by International yoga teacher and Lululemon Ambassador Cortney Ostrosky, paired with Veuve Clicquot and an array of juices, smoothies, and healthy bites
By the numbers:
- 250+ local and guest chefs
- 150+ local and guest beverage experts
- 28 Beverage Workshops
- 32 Dinners
- 9 Excursions
- More than 30 events under $100
Charleston Wine + Food is a non-profit organization. Since its founding in 2006, the festival has distributed more than $355,000 to local culinary + hospitality initiatives. Additionally, the 2016 festival yielded an economic impact of $9.1 million, more than triple the organization’s annual budget.
A preview of the full schedule will be available 24 hours prior to the release of tickets, September 14, 2016, at 8:00AM EST.
ABOUT CHARLESTON WINE + FOOD
Charleston Wine + Food is a cultural entity that champions Charleston and the Lowcountry’s unique foodways through world-renowned culinary experiences. Fueled by a contagious passion for the people and places that make Charleston worth celebrating, the annual festival infuses homegrown flavor with top chefs, winemakers, authors, storytellers, artisans, and food enthusiasts from around the globe for a five-day event that spans the first full weekend each March. Charleston Wine + Food is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that supports the Lowcountry’s diverse culinary + hospitality community through financial contributions to organizations or persons that directly benefit our local foodway initiatives and strengthen our local community.